All NQTs have to be registered with an Appropriate Body for their induction. The role of the Appropriate Body is to oversee and quality assure the induction process, and to support headteachers, induction coordinators, mentors and NQTs in meeting all the statutory requirements of the induction period.
Full details of the DfE Statutory Guidance for Induction can be found here.
The STSA Appropriate Body service includes:
- welcome and information session for NQTs and Mentors
- a programme of CPD and support for NQTs
- training and ongoing support and advice for Induction Mentors and Coordinators
- access to the NQT Manager software, allowing a speedy online service for registering NQTs and completing assessments
- appropriate Body verification and quality assurance of interim and final assessments
- statutory notifications of completion of induction to the Teaching Regulation Agency
- agreement to extensions or reductions to the induction period
- quality Assurance of the induction process in schools
- participation in the Quality Assurance Panel to moderate assessments
- celebration event for the successful NQTs and Mentors
- general advice and guidance for both schools and NQTs
- membership of the Chartered College of Teaching for all NQTs and one named mentor/induction coordinator in each school
Full details of the Appropriate Body offer are provided to schools during the summer term of each year. For the academic year 2019-20 the Appropriate Body fee per NQT was £500.
Contact details for the head of the Appropriate Body:
Langley Grammar School
Reddington Drive, Langley, Berkshire SL3 7QS
01753 598300 ex 8356